Saturday, June 16, 2012

Daily Reflection: June 12

   This is the first day of Summer School I've attended so I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time! Today's weather was nice and sunny. I'm hoping it will stay that way for the whole session because I look forward to all the outdoor activities. Today our Kumu's made a dish from the Kalo plant. This was very interesting to watch. The preparation and setup was a fascinating experience. We were also taught some basic words and questions of the Hawaiian language. When I got home, I practiced using them with my Ohana and shared their meanings.
   Taking this class is such a great opportunity! I've always wanted to learn how to read, write, learn about my culture, and to communicate with others that are keeping our language alive.
   There is a couple of other things I also enjoyed today. The library was really neat. I was suprised at how big it is. And the news about our Kalo plant that we get to take home at the end of Summer School. We have been planting a lot in our garden at home, so this will be a really nice addition to it. Today was a great day, i'm anticipating the weeks to come.
                                                                                                                         -6/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment